Our Family History

Genealogy of the Hughes, Maxwell, Museus and Vejtruba Families


Matches 51 to 100 of 769

      «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16» Next»

 #   Notes   Linked to 
51 1905 census of USA. Fifth schedule. Minnesota. Kanabec . Arthur. Digital images. Ancestry.com.

John T. age 42, born in Iowa, parents born in Ireland, Farmer, Amelia age 35, born in Minnesota, parents born in Germany, Francis age 15, Martha age 13, Margaret age 12, John age 9, Joseph age 7, James age 4, and Bernard age 2. 
Source (S252)
52 1905 census of USA. New York State Census, 1905 schedule. New York. Kings. Brooklyn. Digital images. Familysearch.org. Source (S208)
53 1905 state census, population schedule. Minnesota. Kandiyohi. FHL microfilm 928790. Source (S218)
54 1905 state census, population schedule. Minnesota. Renville. FHL microfilm 928811. Source (S219)
55 1905 U.S. census, population schedule. Minnesota. Kandiyohi. NARA microfilm publication 004520286, roll 928790. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d. Digital images. Familysearch.org.

Source (S217)
56 1910 Census U.S. census. Minnesota. Ramsey. Digital images. HeritageQuest. Heritagequestonline.com.

Source Medium: Census
Source (S17)
57 1920 census of USA. Digital images. Ancestry.com. Source (S196)
58 1920 Census U.S. census. Digital images.

Source Medium: Census
Source (S19)
59 1920 U.S. census, population schedule. Minnesota. Ramsey. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d. Digital images. (Ancestry.com). Source (S240)
60 1920 U.S. census, population schedule. Wisconsin. Rusk. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d. Digital images. (Ancestry.com). Source (S239)
61 1925 Irene was born in Arland, WI
1928 Tornado in Rice Lake, WI
1929 Started school in Rice Lake, WI
1930 Census in Arland includes Alfred, Emma, Lilly, Odin, Walter, Vivian, Bud, Hazel, and Irene age 4.
1931 Went to school in Radisson, WI. At first she lived over a bank with Vivian, Hazel and Buddy. Later she and Hazel lived in town with Marie and George Metnick and worked in their restaurant (now a hardware store).
1939 Lived in Winters and did not go back to school. They lived 9 miles outside of Winters and also in Radisson - 4 miles outside of town. Alfred owned 80 acres called Whilops Camp.
1940 Moved to cities, worked as a nanny for $5 a week. She lived in Radisson, Wisconsin with Alfred, Emma, Walter, Bud and Hazel in the 1940 census.
1942 Mother died. Irene had a house with Vivian and Hazel on Hudson Road in St Paul.
1946 Married Henry Vejtruba
1947 Henry Wayne was born
1948 John was born
1952 David was born
1954 Arlene was born
1958 Baptized and confirmed at Gethsemane
1960 Bought lake shore property on Long Lake
1969 First grandchild was born, Wendy.
1990 Hank Passed on from his home in Oakdale
1998 Last grandchild born of ten (Jared, Anthony, Kathryn, David, Alison, Marissa, Jill, Lisa, John, Wendy)
2000 First great-grandchild was born, Caydon. Eight more to follow: Lilly, Isabelle, Jayden, Benjamin, Capri, Samuel, Henry, and Liberty.
2000 Irene Passed on from her home in Oakdale
MUSEUS, Irene Marion (I8)
62 1930 - 2013 Passed away Tuesday, March 12th. Preceded in death by her husband, Melvin Museus. Beloved mother, grandmother, and great grandmother. Survived by five children: Dave (Ayako), Dan, Darrell (Sheri), Denise (Tom), and Deanna; 12 grandsons; 2 granddaughters; and 11 great-grand-children. She will also be missed by many extended family members and friends. She will be greatly missed but held deeply in our hearts. Gathering of family and friends 4-7PM, 3/19/13, at Swedberg-Taylor Funeral Home, 26530 Lakeland Avenue, Webster, WI. ENGELS, Shirley May (I1199)
63 1930 census of USA. Digital images. Ancestry.com. Ancestry.com. Source (S221)
64 1930 census of USA. Wisconsin. Polk. Clear Lake. Digital images. Ancestry.com. Source (S225)
65 1930 Census U.S. census. Minnesota. Ramsey. Digital images. Ancestry.com. Source (S20)
66 1930 U.S. census, population schedule. Wisconsin. Barron. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d. Digital images. Ancestry.com. Source (S213)
67 1930 U.S. census, population schedule. Wisconsin. Barron. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d. Digital images. Ancestry.com. Source (S243)
68 1940 Census 926 E 3rd St, St Paul with son Conrad. http://interactive.ancestry.com/2442/m-t0627-01995-00584/97530557?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2f%2fcgi-bin%2fsse.dll%3findiv%3d1%26db%3d1940usfedcen%26rank%3d1%26new%3d1%26MSAV%3d1%26msT%3d1%26gss%3dangs-d%26gsfn%3dolava%26gsln%3dhansen%26msbpn__ftp%3dNorway%26msbpn%3d5173%26msbpn_PInfo%3d3-%257c0%257c1652381%257c0%257c5173%257c0%257c0%257c0%257c0%257c0%257c0%257c%26msrpn__ftp%3dSt%2bPaul%252c%2bRamsey%252c%2bMinnesota%252c%2bUSA%26msrpn%3d47248%26msrpn_PInfo%3d8-%257c0%257c1652393%257c0%257c2%257c3247%257c26%257c0%257c2472%257c47248%257c0%257c%26dbOnly%3d_83004006%257c_83004006_x%252c_83004005-n%257c_83004005-n_x%252c_F0006AB0%257c_F0006AB0_x%252c_F000686E%257c_F000686E_x%252c_F0007256%257c_F0007256_x%252c_F0007257%257c_F0007257_x%252c_F0007258%257c_F0007258_x%26uidh%3d3g6%26_83004003-n_xcl%3dm%26pcat%3d35%26fh%3d4%26h%3d97530557%26recoff%3d%26ml_rpos%3d5&ssrc=&backlabel=ReturnRecord CLEMENT, Karen Olava Paulsen (I21)
69 1940 census Attebury, Hattie, 345 W 7th, St Paul, ED 90-73 Page 19 Sheet 10A. Widow, age 69. LEARY, Henrietta (I270)
70 1940 Census Harold N. Vance age 26 http://interactive.ancestry.com/2442/m-t0627-04522-00468/?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fsearch%2fdb.aspx%3fdbid%3d2442%26path%3d&ssrc=#imageId=M-T0627-04522-00553
St Joseph, St Croix County, ED 55-25, P 19 #6, Lodger, 1935 Residence in St Paul, Bartender at Hotel.
VANCE, Harold Nelson (I140)
71 1940 Census http://interactive.ancestry.com/2442/m-t0627-04522-00468/?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fsearch%2fdb.aspx%3fdbid%3d2442%26path%3d&ssrc=#imageId=M-T0627-01944-00959
Page 17, ED 55-35 Sheet 9A, # 21, Campbell, Mary 82, Head, born in New York. Same house in 1935. 
MULHOLLAND, Mary Matilda (I279)
72 1940 Census Hughes, George and Mary, Warren, St Croix 55-34
HUGHES, George Parley (I1055)
73 1940 census of United States. Sixteenth Census of the United States schedule. Digital images. Ancestry.com. Ancestry.com. Source (S280)
74 1940 census Olivia, Kopecik, Emil, Pauline P 17 ED 65-27 http://stevemorse.org/census/viewer1940.php?state=MN&ed=65-27&filename=m-t0627-01952-00489.tif&imageIndex=0&service=ancestry TOUPAL, Pauline (I933)
75 1940 census, ED 34-26, sheet 3A, line 39. (2 pages)

VETRUBA, George (I905)
76 1940 census, Fred Partch, age 51, St Paul, MN
Go to page 3 of census
PARTCH, Fred Austin (I2557)
77 1940 census, St Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota, USA ED 90-167 Sheet 10B #954 Ward 8, SD 4, Block 20-21. April 12-13, 1940. Page 20 of 30. Vance, Gordon, Head age 31; Jane 25; Kenneth 4; Robert 3; Donald 2; George, Father 61; Ella Mother 55. Same house as 1935. http://interactive.ancestry.com/2442/m-t0627-01999-00166/?cj=1&netid=cj&o_xid=0002370638&o_lid=0002370638#imageId=M-T0627-01999-00185
VANCE, Gordon Kenneth (I138)
78 1940 Census, Warren, St Croix 55-34 Hughes, James 71 and Katherine 64,
HUGHES, James I. (I2835)
79 1940 U.S. census, population schedule. Minnesota. Kandiyohi. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d. Digital images. Ancestry.com (www.Ancestry.com). Source (S282)
80 At least one living or private individual is linked to this note - Details withheld. MAXWELL, Leona Marie (I23)
81 2 children NORMAN, Anna (I3973)
82 4ceA.INGEBORG CATHARINA SUMMER (Smestad) born15 Juli 1742 at Aker with sponsors: Ole Madsen Smestad
and wife Ingeborg Andersdatter, Jens Jacobsen, Hans Jacobsen, Karen Smestad, all immediate family.
Died ca. 1793 at Fredrikshald, about 51 years old.
Married in Christiania 24 Dec 1773 with JOHANNES HELGESEN STROM, born ca.1742, died after 1804.
Johannes Strom was at the ceremony gunsmith journeyman, but the following year gunsmith, employed by the regiment
Akershus. Ca.1790 family must have moved to Fredrikshald where Ingeborg probably died ca.1793 (Kb. missing).
The child's baptism called her alternately Erboe and Summer, so both in 1774 and -78 "Ingeborg Catherine
Summer. "
Johannes Strom entered into a new marriage in 1794 with Malene Larsdatter, born ca.1765.
The 17/3-1794 he took a loan of 225 rdlr. at regimental quartermaster Johan Lyche for 2 priority
mortgage on his farm assets. This loan was canceled 4/8-1800, but when Johannes Strom had
two days earlier mortgaged house and chattels to Lyche for 390 rdlr.
The 1801 census found the family living in Borgerskandsgt. 157, he is employed at Søndenfjeldske
regiment. Besides the maid Oliana Jane and 2 children together, we find Strøms son Jørgen Erboe in
By deed dated 2 July 1804 Johannes Strom sells the house to a gunsmith Ole Red.
More information about the spouses is not found.
In its 2 marriage was Johannes Strom's 5 children.
ERBOE, Catharina Helena Johansdatter (I2328)
83 5 Mar 2018
Hi Diane,
We do not have this name in our pre-1907 Wisconsin Death Index for Green County. You should contact the Green County Register of Deeds Office. They may have the record even if we do not. You will need to contact them because
their records are not online or indexed online.
Lori B. Bessler, Reference Librarian,
Library, Archives, and Museum Collections
Wisconsin Historical Society

5 Mar 2018
Sent application to Green County Register of Deeds, Monroe, Wisconsin for Death Certificate.  
WINCHELL, Susan (I60)
84 5aceA.HALVOR STRØM, dpt. i Christiania (DK) 5.aug.1774 med faddere: Mad. Jacobsen (Helena Erboe), Mad. Hoel,
Capitain Steen, Sorenskriver Dewegge, Fredrich Hansen Lund.
Død 6.feb.1846 på Gjesvoldsåsen i Hole , nærmere 72 år gl. ( Kb.har 75 år).
Gift ca.1800 på Fredrikshald med MARTHE JOHNSDATTER, f.ca.1780, -død 9.april 1846 på Gjesvold i Hole,
65 år gl.; mulig datter av John Johnsen og hustru Oloug Magnusdatter.
Ektefellene var 1801 bosatt i Busterudgt. 371, og Halvor Strøm er børsemaker som sin far. Omkr.1803 flyttet
fam. til Christiania, hvor han noen år virket som børsemaker ved regimentet på Akershus.
Fra ca.1820 er familien bosatt i Hole, hvor auksjon etter Halvor ble avholdt på plassen Gjesvoldsåsen 14/3-1846.
I ekteskapet 6 barn:

5aceA.HALVOR STROM, born in Christiania (DK) 5.aug.1774 with sponsors: Mad. Jacobsen (Helena Erboe), Mad. Hoel,
Capitain Steen, Magistrate Dewegge, Fredrich Lund Hansen.
Death 6.feb.1846 on Gjesvoldsåsen in Hole, close to 72 years old. (Kb.har 75 years).
Married ca.1800 in Fredrikshald to Martha JOHNSDATTER MARRIAGE, f.ca.1780, 9 April 1846, died at Gjesvold in Hole
65 years gl., Possible daughter of John Johnson and wife Oloug Magnus's daughter.
The spouses were living in 1801 Busterudgt. 371, and Halvor Electricity is a gunsmith like his father. Omkr.1803 moved
family to Christiania, where he worked several years as a gunsmith at the regiment at Akershus.
From ca.1820 the family is residing in the Hole, where the auction after Halvor was held in the square Gjesvoldsåsen 14/3-1846.
In marriage 6 children: 
JOHNSDATTER, Marthe Marie (I2325)
85 STAUFFACHER, Jakob (I1558)
86 A History of Cranfield, Bedfordshire, England
The Saxon, Ailwin Niger, in 998 granted a manor to the monks of Ramsey Abbey, Huntingdonshire. A church was builtby the monks, and the manor continued in their care until the monasteries were dissolved during the reign of Henry VIII, and the lands reverted to the Crown. This grant, of the area named Cranfield (cranes in a woods clearing), was confirmed by King Edward in 1060, and again in 1078 by William the Conqueror. The village of Cranfield, in west Bedfordshire, was built on a hill providing a fine view of the surrounding farms. Cranfield was described in the Domesday Book of 1087 as, "The Abbot of St Benedict Of Ramsey holds Cranfelle. It is assessed at 10 hides worth £9. There is land for 12 ploughs. In Edward the Confessor's time it was worth £12. In the village there are eighteen villiens having ten ploughs."
At that time, Cranfield had the second largest woodland in the county which explains the large number of swine there. As Ramsey Abbey held the manor, it is probable that there is no manor house, but there may have been a "grange", or farming establishment, occupied by the steward. The Abbey held lands in various parts of the county - at Wyboston, Barford, Clifton and Stondon - amounting to 50.5 hides valued at £48-6s-4d.
Ralph, the steward of Cranfield, held a half hide of the demesne assets freely by service of attending the Abbot's pleas throughout Bedfordshire. The priest had to attend the County and Hundred Courts, with three other free tenants. At that time the hide was more a value of land for taxation purposes than an actual measurement. Cranfield soil being cold clay, there was more area to each hide than in places where the land was better. It is noticeable that several villages on this clay belt were assessed at ten hides although their areas varied.
The Lords of the Manor, who were all-powerful during the eleventh and twelfth centuries, had land in the open field as well as the demesne and the priest also had a share. The classes in the village were serfs, bordars, villiens, and freeman. The freemen came later, as they were not mentioned in the Domesday Survey.
According to the Ramsey Chartulary, work had to be performed for the Abbey by the tenant: Each holder of land called a villein, was bound to plough one day and work for two days each week, excepting near Michaelmas, when he was free from ploughing, but had to work five days of the week, reaping, binding, carrying, etc., and a sixth day if necessary. He had to plough and sow using his own seed one rood, or plough one acre if it was to lay fallow. He also had to act as a carrier of goods, or pay a fine. Later, a Freeman had to send a man to work for the Lord on certain occasions. Another class, called 'cottars', also had to act as carriers, and had to carry on their own backs whatever was required. At most, the tenants had three days a week to work their own ground, and during harvest time had but one day in which to reap their own crops.
Sundays and holy days brought relief from working for the Lord of the Manor. In 1324 there were six festivals during the harvest season and ten during the remainder of the year. The poorer classes cultivated the land under the three-field system: First year, wheat, barley, or rye; second year, peas and beans; third year, fallow. As the population increased, land was reclaimed from the former waste.
In 1127, a dispute arose over the boundary between Cranfield and North Crawley. It was referred by the King to the Local Hundred Court, and settled by a jury of twelve men - four each from the villages of Cranfield, North Crawley, and Stagsden. In 1144, during the war between Stephen and Matilda, the village was pillaged by Stephen. When Abbot Robert de Redinges retired in 1206, King John, with the assent of the Abbey, granted the manor to him for life. The Abbot seemss to have been involved in a difference with the King, and the manor may have been given to him as a pension to compensate him for being forced into retirement. In the reign of King John, the Abbot was granted a view of frankpledge in his manor of Cranfield. In 1251 Henry III gave the Abbot and convent a grant of free warren in all their demesne lands at Cranfield. There was doubt as to the validity of the grants, as on June 25, 1330, the Abbot of Ramsey was summoned by the King, to show by why he had a view of frankpledge in his manor of Cranfield, and why he had the right of free warren in all his lands in Cranfield.
The Abbot, through his Attorney William Lanet, said that the view of frankpledge was granted by King John to theAbbey of Ramsey by a charter for all the lands of the Abbot and his monks. The Charter of King John was produced in Court. The Court agreed with the Abbot. Previously the Abbot had levied fines and inflicted punishments for transgressions against the assize, of bread and ale - as much as 20 shillings (£1) , and that the offenders also were punished by the pillory and the ducking stool. Because of this double jeopardy it was decided that the view be taken into the King's hands. The Abbot attempted to have his rights restored to him, and eventually, on payment of 40 shillings, the view of frankpledge was returned.
In 1310 the parish priest, Thomas de Pontesbury, was in trouble. He entered the Church for sanctuary to escape theconsequences of his wrongdoings. There was published an order to the Barons of the Exchequer at Berwick-on-Tweed to fine the township of Cranfield in Bedford, £23 8s. 10¾d., which is charged for the goods of Master Thomas de Pontesbury, who fled to the Church of Cranfield for felonies, and was convicted before Robert Malet and his colleagues for felonies, justices of the late King to deliver him to Bedford Jail. The late King granted the goods to the Master and Brethren of St. Katharine's Hospital, and commanded the Sheriff and Coroner of Bedford to deliver the said goods to them.
The manor was renteded, by the Abbot, to Sir William de Herle, Robert de Sachynton, and Robert the Burgh, Rector of Houghton, a village about five miles from Cranfield, for the yearly rent of £100 of silver. The Abbot, on behalf of the monastery, reserved the right of repossesion should the rent not be paid. The rental agreement also stated that the right of presentation to the church was to remain with the Abbey.
During the 14th century various grants of land were made to the Abbot, Thomas de Neuby, Rector from 1349 until 1350, gave sixty acres. The plague of the Black Death occurred while Thomas de Neuby was Rector of Cranfield. An estimate was made that about one-third of the population of Bedfordshire died, and he was one of the victims. Because of the death rate labor became scarce and wages raised accordingly. Laws were passed to stop the rise in wages, but had little effect.
As wages increased tenants on estates began to buy exemptions from working for the manor, and in 1386 the Abbey records state that "all works had been commuted, wages being paid for work done." Rector Thomas de Neuby died in 1350, but was not replaced until 1383, when John de Lincoln became Rector of Cranfield. The lapse of time in the appointment of a successor to Thomas de Neuby was probably due to the high mortality among the clergy during the plague.
The Abbey records state that the tenant who farmed the manor lows died. No undergrowth was sold, there being no buyers. The value of crops on the land of villeins who had died and which fell into the hands of the manor was 52s. - a large sum for those days.
During 1332 - the sixth year of the reign of Edward III - the Abbot of Ramsey was granted the right "to lease the manor of Cranfield and other manors with advowsons of churches and other appurtenances for two years to whomsoever he will." Dated July 27, 1348, the "Presentation of Thomas Neuby to the Church of Cranfield in the King's gift by reason of the voidance of the Abbey of Ramsaye." This manor remained in the hands of the Abbots of Ramsey until the dissolution of the monasteries, when its value was given as £68. 9s. 4d.
Two other manors are mentioned after Domesday. One was called Washingley Manor, and was almost certainly named afterthe family of Wassingle, whose names appear as witnesses to deeds granting land in Cranfield to Ramsey Abbey aboutthe middle of the 13th century. The Wassingles appear to have been in the employ of the Abbot. William de Wassingle held the position of steward of the fair at St Ives in 1293, and presided over the court of King's Repton in 1299.
There is very little information about the Manor of Wasingley in the 13th and first half of the 14th centuries, and none from 1353 to 1515. A set of documents pertaining to Cranfield has been held by Winchester College, believing they related to Clanfield, Hampshire, where the College has property. These documents actually relate to the formation of what was afterwards called Washingley Manor, Cranfield, probably by the Washingley family, which held the Manor of Washingley.
These charters show the undated acquisition of land by William of Washingley and his wife Maud; William of Washingley and his wife Eleanor, between 1270 and 1310; William of Washingley and his wife Agnes, from 1311 to 1313; and John of Washingley, 1341 to 1360. Before 1287, all the documents are undated, but it is possible to get a rough guide by the names of William, Maud, William, and Eleanor, and by the names of witnesses to the charters who are mentioned elsewhere - for example, Maurice, who was vicar some time before 1280.
The manor was situated at Bourne End, but it is unknown whether there was a manor house. There is a Washingley'sCourt in the center of Cranfield, but a manor connection is not known. It is known, however, that this manor hadno manorial rights and there was no court there. The first mention of the family as landowners at Cranfield was in1295, when William of Cranfield granted, for twenty marks and a yearly payment of six marks of silver during hislife all his land, tenements, and appertenances, with the homage and service of free tenants, to William, the son of William de Wassingle, of Cranfield.
A little later, William de Wassingle the elder obtained a licence "to alienate in mortmain to the Abbot and conventof Ramsey, a messuage and a moiety of the virgate of land at Cranfield." In 1353, John de Wassingle obtained a messuage and land from Gilbert de Warwick and Nicolas of York. The first mention of Washingley as a manor is in 1515, when Thomas Stafford sold it to Richard Langley for £140. The manor belonging to the Abbot of Ramsey was at the time of the dissolution valued at only £68. 9s. 4d. The difference in value of the two manors is of some interest.
By 1548, Washingley Manor was in the possession of Thomas Leigh, who, it appeared mortgaged it to John Dormer, a citizen and merchant of London. It remained in the hands of the Leigh family until 1650. The last reference to the manor is in 1802.
The third manor associated with Cranfield was known as Rudlands of Rudlandesfelde. The first reference of this manor ever located was in 1563, at which time Sir William Paulet was the owner. In 1575 Sir William Paulet conveyed it to Jeremy Weston, whose son Richard was created Lord Weston in 1628, and Earl of Portland in 1633. The Earl, at the time of his death, about two years later, was in possession of the Manor. In 1640 his widow and her son Jerome - second Earl of Portland - parted with the property to Mr Dray Chamberlain. No record of the manor can be found after that date, and it is not known where the manor was located.
Richard Lawton was located in the Cranfield area circa A.D.1500. About 1520 he apparently married John Purrier'ssister as John mentioned his "sister Lawton" in his August 28, 1558 will. Richard and his wife had four daughters and a son. The daughters were; Alice, born about 1523, married John Barnwell about 1541. Elizabeth, born about 1525 married John Sugar about 1545. Margery, born about 1535, married Robert Fuller, and Katherine, the youngest, was born about 1537.
On October 13, 1536, as attested by SC2 179/89 held in the Cranfield Public Records Office, Richard Lawton first appears in Cranfield records when it was found that John Kent had surrendered into the hands of Richard, a tenant of this manor, one grove called Hamse, for the use of Richard, his heirs, and assigns, at an annual rent to the Lord of 3s. 7d. Another record held in the Bedford Record Office, BHRS 64, lists Richard Lawton as a Copyhold Tenant paying John Kent a rental of 3s, and the same Richard Lawton paying a rental of 34s. for a separate messuage of land.
In the Bedford Record Office, CRT 100/2 is also held listing the Honour of Ampthill, Minister's Accounts of Henry VIII in 1542, where Richard Lawton, of the Grove called Hamse of the late John Kent's Messuage, with land & meadows appertaining, except ½ ac, paid a rental of 3s. 7d., and another of 24s.
Richard's only son Thomas, born about 1527, married Joan Wheeler, daughter of Thomas and Ellen Wheeler, about 1552. Thomas and Joan, remained on his father's land, and had two daughters, and then a son born about 1558 also being named Thomas.
Thomas Jr. married Mary and the couple had four children between 1581 and 1587. He then married, Annis, and they had two more children. Thomas made his will December 3, 1605 which was proved April 3, 1606. He died and was buried at Wharlend, Cranfield.
This second Thomas's oldest child, born in 1581 in Cranfield, was named George. George married Isabel Smith November 13, 1606, she perhaps being the daughter of Francis and Ann Smith. George lived out his life, apparently on the same land his great grandfather Richard had farmed, and died there November 26, 1641. George and Isabel were the parents of eight children, among them being sons George and Thomas.
George was the eldest child, being born in 1607, while Thomas, the fourth child, was born in 1614. As young adults in the 1630s, for reasons known only to them, but probably related to ship taxes and military impressment, they embarked for the colonies of the New World. As it has never been learned when nor where they departed England, (or for that matter, where they alit in the Colonies.) it is probable they did not announce their intentions. In 1639 the brothers were in the newly forming colony on Aquidneck Island, later named Rhode Island.
George married Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas and Martha Hazard, in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. His brother Thomas had brought a wife and child, both named Elizabeth, with him from Cranfield. Today the progeny of this pair of brothers numbers well into the thousands, and are scattered throughout the United States. 
LAWTON, Thomas (I3850)
87 Acacia Park Cemetery BONIN, Clifford John (I199)
88 Acacia Park Cemetery Buetow, Marian Signette (I3666)
89 According to researchers, Simon Neal and Caleb Johnson, it is possible Mary Beckett is from Watford, Hertfordshire, England and baptised on 14 February, 1605. Her parents may be John Beckett, a cloth merchant, and Ann Alden. This information came from the Soule Kindred Newsletter, Winter/Spring 2016 Edition, Soule Kindred in America, Inc.  BECKETT, Mary (I367)
90 According to the Lake City Library Fay's grave is located at: Sec. A, Block. 50, Lot. 2, Grave 6. There is not a headstone there. HANDSHAW, Fay David Cecil (I297)
91 Ages at marriage: Jorgen 44, Mariane 19. LARSDATTER, Mariane Jensine Birgitte (I4559)
92 Ages at Marriage: Jorgen 61, Inger 24. CHRISTIANSEN, Inger (I4564)
93 Alette Johanna Norman is Alette's mother and sister of Ole Anton Norman

Data on domicile:
Census year: 1865
Municipality: Aure
Municipality number: 1569
Name of domicile: Aure Præstegaard
Number of persons in this domicile: 11
Name Family status Marital status Occupation Birth year Place of birth
O. A. Norman hf g Sognepræst 1807 Tranø Præstg.
Wilhelmine Norman Hans Kone g 1808 Stavanger
Maren Marie Norman* Deres Datter ug 1841 Tromsø
Alette K. Musæus Søsterdatter ug 1838 Arendal
Anna Hagen Pleiedatter ug 1856 Nærø

Census year: 1875
Municipality: Ålesund #1501
Street name: Buholmstrand, Street number: 386
House owner: N. Ljaaens Enke
Number of flats: 2, Number of persons in this domicile: 8

Name Family status Marital status Occupation Birth year Place of birth
Fredrik Museus hf g Afskediget Rektor Pensjonist 1802 Stavanger
Johana Norman dennes Kone g 1807 Tranø Prgj. og S.
Alette Chrestine Museus d ug Forsørges af Forældrene 1837 Arendal

Norwegian Historical Data Centre (NHDC), The Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Tromsø N-9037 Tromsø, NORWAY
Updated: November 10th 2004

Census year: 1900 (Norwegian)
Municipality: Kristiania #0301
Street name: Niels Juels Gade 45
Number of flats: 15, Number of persons in this domicile: 67

Name Family status Marital status Occupation Birth year Place

Alette Musæus fl ug Sysselsat med Husgjerningen 1838 Arendal
Gunhilda Musæus fl ug Kasserer ved Staalforretning 1872 Aalesund

Census year: 1910 (Norwegian)
Municipality: Kristiania #0301
Street name: Oscarsgate 78b
City district: Kristiania
Number of flats: 8, Number of persons in this domicile: 25
Place of birth
Alette Musæus ug Formue 20.02.1838 Arendal
Gunhilda Musæus ug Kasserer (Krogh Apenes) 20.04.1872 Aalesund
Edward Isak Hambro hf g E. o. Høiesteretsassessor 26.12.1851 t
Julie Sejersted Hambro* f Bødtker hm g 21.09.1856 Overhallen
MUSEUS, Alette Kirstine (I822)
94 Alette Johanna Norman is Alette's mother and sister of Ole Anton Norman

Data on domicile:
Census year: 1865
Municipality: Aure
Municipality number: 1569
Name of domicile: Aure Præstegaard
Number of persons in this domicile: 11
Name Family status Marital status Occupation Birth year Place of birth
O. A. Norman hf g Sognepræst 1807 Tranø Præstg.
Wilhelmine Norman Hans Kone g 1808 Stavanger
Maren Marie Norman* Deres Datter ug 1841 Tromsø
Alette K. Musæus Søsterdatter ug 1838 Arendal
Anna Hagen Pleiedatter ug 1856 Nærø
NORMAN, Ole Anton (I830)
95 Alexander Campbell, of Viola township, Olmsted county, Minnesota, was born in Glengary county, Canada, June 18, 1849, a son of Donald and Elizabeth (Lothian) Campbell, both of whom died in Canada, the mother in 1860 and the father in 1894. To the above union seven children were born, as follows: Duncan, Jessie, Alexander, Kate, James, Bella (deceased) and Daniel.

Of the above named, Alexander, the subject of this review, left the land of his nativity in 1866 and came to Wisconsin. In 1871 the subject of this sketch was one of 900 persons saved out of 1,800 residents of Peshtigo, Wisconsin, which was then destroyed by fire. He was at the hotel when the air became filled with sparks and everything was catching fire. He and others jumped into a wagon, but after running twenty rods at full speed were overtaken by the flames, and hence dashed into the water there and remained all night. In the morning the streets of this formerly active town were strewn with the dead bodies of neighbors and friends who were overtaken and burned to death, or suffocated, while trying to escape. After a residence of ten years there he came to Viola township, Olmsted county, Minnesota, and on October 13, 1877, was united in marriage with Miss Mary M. Mulholland. She was a daughter of Andrew and Christina (Keller) Mulholland, the father's birth occurring in Ireland, on May 20, 1830, and his death on May 19, 1902. Mrs. Mulholland was born May 7, 1835, in Montgomery county, New York, and was married to Mr. Mulholland May 13, 1853. To this union the following eight children were born: James W., born March 15, 1854; Abram F., born May 2, 1856; Mary M., born February 25, 1858; Riley H., born September 9, 1861; Andrew J., born December 26, 1863; Robert A., born July 19, 1867; Cecil E., born December 1, 1869; Cora A. (Swan), born July 19, 1872, and died February 19, 1903. The parents of these children came to Olmsted county in the fall of 1865, and at present the mother is residing with the subject of this sketch. To Mr. And Mrs. Campbell three children were born: Jessie Mabel, February 10, 1880, died nine days after birth; Ray A., May 12, 1881; and Grant A., March 1, 1887, both of whom are at home with their parents. Mr. Campbell has 200 acres of fine improved farm land in Viola township, upon which stands a large house fully equipped with all modern conveniences. For fifteen years he has been a member of the school board, is a Republican in politics and a member of the United Brethren Church at Viola. He and son Ray are members of Viola Camp, No. 1728, Modern Woodmen of America, and the family is one of the foremost of the community. [Pages 539 - 540]
History of Olmsted County Minnesota, Joseph A. Leonard. Copyright (c)1910. Goodspeed Historical Association, Chicago. 
CAMPBELL, Alexander (I2261)
96 Alice was born Feb. 4, 1851, at Alderley, Dodge Co., Wis., daughter of Kettle Johnson and Elsie Lee, both born in Norway. She died March 9, 1923, at Chetek, aged 73 years, 1 month and 5 days, and her remains were buried there in the Museus family plot in Lakeview Cemetery.
On April 12, 1868, Alice was united in marriage to Charles Frederick Museus at Martell, Pierce Co., Wis. Carl was born March 25, 1847, in Christiania, now Oslo, Norway, son of Hans Bohsen Museus and Ingeborg Katherine Straum. He died July 8, 1925, at Barron, aged 78 years, 3 months and 13 days and his remains were buried next to those of his wife in Lakeview Cemetery, Chetek, Wis. His military style gravestone is inscribed "Charles F. Museus 28th Wis. Inf." and his foot stone "Father Carl R. 1847 - 1925." The gravestone of his wife is inscribed "Mother Alice 1850 - 1923." Two other gravestones in the family plot are inscribed "Ida Museus Patchin 1880 -- 1978" and "E. Ferdinand D.D.S. 1876 -- 1965." Their five children, whose dates of birth were obtained from a form filled out by Carl dated July 5, 1898, and included in his pension file, and all born in Wisconsin, were: Charles Henry, b. 24 May 1870; Hans Benjamin, b. 8 Sep 1871; Edward Ferdinand, b. 18 Mar 1876; Ida M., b. 29 Apr 1880; & Charlotte Corine Museus, b. 23 Mar 1894. 
JOHNSON, Alice Mathilda (I651)
97 Ancestry.com; Wisconsin Marriages.

Ancestry.com, Wisconsin MarriagesNilse Museus, Matilda Anderson Pre-1907 WI Marriages 
Source (S171)
98 Ane Catharina Hoe, 44 aar, Vor Fru Kirke KJOLMER, Anna Catharina (I1263)
99 Anna Margreta Fischerin

Denmark Births and Christenings, 1631-1900s
Name: Anne Margrethe Fisker
Gender: Female
Birth Date: 2 jan 1820
Cristening Date: 12 mar 1820
Christening Age: 0
Father: Morten Larsen Fisker
Mother: Bodil Kierstine Moller

Source Citation: Sankt Olai; Den Danske Folkekirke (Helsingor, Frederiksborg, Denmark), Christening 1812 - 1821, Microfilm nr. 48574

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. Denmark Births and Christenings, 1631-1900s [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.
Original data: Genealogical Society of Utah. Western Europe Vital Records Index. Salt Lake City, Utah: Intellectual Reserve, copyright 2000. Used by permission. 
FISCHER, Anne Margarethe (I1203)
100 Anne Olsdatter Tambourenga OLSDATTER, Anne (I1824)

      «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16» Next»

This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, v. 11.1.2, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2019.